Research is proving beyond doubt that hours of intense online gaming actually improve brain performance, increasing a persons’ effectiveness in multitasking, decision-making and creativity.
Universities around the world have been conducting large-scale studies that are exploding the myth that game players become slack-jawed automatons as they lose themselves in the online worlds created by the gaming industry. The research results include free credit e-wallet slot such wide-ranging findings as:
· Experienced game players are able to pay attention to more than six things at once without getting confused, as opposed to the four that people can normally keep in mind.
· A three-year study of 491 children in middle schools in Michigan in the United States showed that the more children played computer games the higher they scored on a standardised test of creativity, and this was regardless of race, gender, or the type of game played. This contrasted with the use of cellphones, the Internet, or computers for other purposes which showed no effect on creativity, clearly demonstrating that it is the specific properties of gaming that made the difference.
· Improved hand-eye coordination in surgeons.
· Vision changes that boost night driving ability.
· People who play action-based video and computer games can make decisions 25% faster than others without sacrificing accuracy.
· Very experienced and capable game players can make choices and act on them up to six times a second, which is four times faster than most people.
So How Does Online Gaming Do this?
So what is it about online gaming that makes them such good exercise for the brain? Why do they improve creativity, decision-making and perception?
The answer lies in the stress-reward process that the brain undergoes while the players concentrate for long periods and enjoy the excitement engendered by the action taking place in the game. The result is rewarding surges of neurotransmitters, like dopamine, that strengthens neural circuits within the brain in much the same the way that exercise builds muscles in the body. Extended gameplay acts like a prolonged session in the gym for the brain, resulting in the physiological development of tissues that remain available for use in everyday life.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8320538